For Teens, Adults, Couples, and Families
For Teens, Adults, Couples, and Families
Here at Affirming Therapy Center, we offer two types of appointments: Personal Therapy and Relationship Counseling. Personal Therapy sessions (one person attending) are 50 minutes in length. Relationship Counseling sessions (for two or more people attending) are 75 minutes in length.
Our evening/weekend rates apply to appointments that start at or after 5:00pm and appointments on Saturdays or Sundays.
Fees per session are as follows:
Sandra Koellmann, ASW — $140 (Daytime), $160 (Evening/Weekend)
Penelope Mercer, AMFT — $140 (Daytime), $160 (Evening)
Jake Ryan, AMFT — $140 (Daytime), $160 (Evening/Weekend)
Jennifer Rehor, LMFT, CST — $210 (Daytime)
Sandra Koellmann, ASW — $210 (Daytime), $240 (Evening/Weekend)
Penelope Mercer, AMFT — $210 (Daytime), $240 (Evening)
Jake Ryan, AMFT — $210 (Daytime), $240 (Evening/Weekend)
Jennifer Rehor, LMFT, CST — $280 (Daytime)
Fees are due at the beginning of each session. We accept cash, credit cards, or checks made payable to Jennifer Rehor.
Some HSA (Health Spending Account) and FSA (Flexible Spending Account) cards may also be accepted.
Clinicians at Affirming Therapy Center are not on any insurance panels, HMOs, or PPOs, and we cannot process insurance claims.
Although we do not take insurance, we are considered “out-of-network providers”. This means, depending on your insurance plan, a portion of the fees may be reimbursable to you. Billing statements can be provided for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Please check with your insurance provider about your specific member benefit plan to find out about out-of-network coverage.
Here are some questions to ask your insurance provider:
1. Is a referral and/or pre-authorization required?
2. Is there a deductible? Has it been met?
3. What portion of the fees will be reimbursed for an out-of-network provider? (Note that their reimbursement rate may use a different base fee than our actual fees, so be sure to clarify the actual reimbursable dollar amount.)
4. Is there a limit on number of sessions that are reimbursable?
5. Is a mental health diagnosis required for fee reimbursement?
6. What is the process for filing a claim and what forms are required for reimbursement?
If you have an HMO plan, you must see a provider that is on your insurance plan’s list of providers in order to use your insurance coverage.
Many people choose to avoid using their insurance plans for seeking therapy, in part because the insurance companies may control the treatment (i.e., number of sessions, frequency, duration, etc.), and/or because the insurance companies will pay only for the services if there is a mental health diagnosis, which is then included in their medical records.
If finances are a concern, Affirming Therapy Center offers some options.
* Sliding-scale: Jake Ryan, AMFT, has a limited number of appointment slots available for Personal Therapy at a reduced rate for students and others who cannot afford the regular fee. The sliding-scale generally runs between $60 and $130 (per 50-minute daytime session), depending on financial hardship. We do not ask to verify your financial records, but rely on an honest answer to the question, “What fee are you comfortable with at this time?” If a reduced fee is agreed upon, it will be evaluated every 3 months and adjusted upwards when your financial situation improves.
Please note: all of the allocated sliding-scale appointment slots are currently filled for: Sandra Koellmann, Penelope Mercer, and Jennifer Rehor. Please contact them directly if you would like to be placed on a waiting list for this option.
Sliding-scale appointment slots are not available for Relationship Counseling sessions. However, if clinically appropriate, we may decide to schedule shorter length sessions (though we highly recommend the full-length sessions in the beginning of treatment and during times of high conflict). The shorter Relationship Counseling sessions are 50 minutes in length, at the same rates as Personal Therapy.
If the fees are still not within your means, we understand. Another option is a referral to a low-fee mental health clinic, which we are happy to make for you. In this case, please let us know what you are looking for and we will do our best to find a good fit for your therapy needs.