Clinical Job Opportunity
Now hiring! Part-Time Position for CA Licensed Mental Health Professional.
Are you a Psychotherapist in San Diego with special interests and training in Sexual Health? Do you want to work in a private practice setting without the effort or financial risks of starting your own small business?
Affirming Therapy Center (ATC) is small, growing group practice, and is seeking a part-time, licensed mental health professional to join the team. ATC treats adults (individuals and relationships), specializing in serving communities of gender, sexuality, and relationship diversity (including LGBTQ, kink, fetish, polyamory / swingers / consensual non-monogamy, and adult industry professionals). Above all, we are looking for a therapist with a desire to serve sexual-minority communities and clients with sexual health concerns in a non-judgmental, open, and affirming way.
ATC provides a furnished office in San Diego 2-5 days / week, access to the electronic record management system (including scheduling, notes, and billing), office internet, and a copy machine / printer / scanner. Employee profiles are included on the website and on various online directories. Some client referrals are expected but not guaranteed. Professional networking is suggested to help build a referral network.
This is the perfect position for someone who has a job at an agency but wants to experience working with private practice clientele, a stay-at-home parent who doesn’t have time for a full-time position but wants to keep current in therapy skills, a university professor who enjoys teaching but also wants to continue practicing psychotherapy, or someone pursuing another kind of job / industry who still has a desire work as a therapist. It is not a good fit for an entrepreneur looking to start their own private practice – if this is you, let us know and we’re happy to help you in other ways.
- Licensed Mental Health Professional (LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, or Psychologist) via California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Experience and additional training in Couple’s Therapy (Emotionally Focused Therapy externship required, attending Core Skills Training is desired).
- Additional training in basic Sex Therapy principles and interventions.
- Specialized knowledge, training, and passion for working with Kink / BDSM and Polyamory / Consensual Non-Monogamy.
How To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and a resume or CV to Jennifer@AffirmingTherapyCenter.com.
Please include answers to the following questions:
- What most piqued your interest about this position and what do you hope to gain from it?
- Please describe your experience working with gender, sexuality, and/or relationship diversity, including length of experience, primary modality, and what you find most fulfilling about this work.
- What does sex-positivity mean to you?
- Are you a Kink-Knowledgeable and/or Poly-Knowledgeable professional? If so, please explain additional education, readings, trainings, professional experiences regarding Kink and/or Consensual Non-Monogamy.
- What types of clients are you most comfortable with? Least comfortable with?
- What are you most excited to contribute to Affirming Therapy Center by joining the team?
- What are your future plans in the next 2-5 years?
- What are your available / preferred days and times to work for this part-time position?