Clinical Job Opportunity
Now hiring! Part-Time Position for CA Licensed Mental Health Professional.
Are you a Psychotherapist in San Diego with special interests and training in Sexual Health? Do you want to work in a private practice setting without the effort or financial risks of starting your own small business?
Affirming Therapy Center (ATC) is a growing group practice and is seeking a part-time, licensed mental health professional to join the team. ATC treats teens and adults (individuals and relationships), specializing in serving communities of gender, sexuality, and relationship diversity (including LGBTQ, kink, fetish, polyamory / swingers / other non-monogamy, and adult industry professionals). Above all, we are looking for a therapist with a desire to serve sexual-minority communities and clients with sexual health concerns in a non-judgmental, open, and affirming way.
ATC provides a furnished office to each clinician 1-2 days / week, the ability to work remotely additional days of the week, a dedicated cell phone, professional development benefits, access to the electronic record management system (including scheduling, notes, and billing), office internet, and a copy machine / printer / scanner. Employee profiles are included on the website and on various online directories. Some client referrals are expected but not guaranteed. Professional networking is suggested to help build a referral network.
This is the perfect position for someone who has a job at an agency but wants to experience working with private practice clientele, a stay-at-home parent who doesn’t have time for a full-time position but wants to keep current in therapy skills, a university professor who enjoys teaching but also wants to continue practicing psychotherapy, or someone pursuing another kind of job / industry who still has a desire work as a therapist. It is not a good fit for an entrepreneur looking to start their own private practice – if this is you, let us know and we’re happy to help you in other ways.
- Licensed Mental Health Professional (LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, or Psychologist) via California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Experience and additional training in Couple’s Therapy (Emotionally Focused Therapy externship required, attending Core Skills Training is desired).
- Additional training in basic Sex Therapy principles and interventions.
- Specialized knowledge, training, and passion for working with Kink / BDSM and Polyamory / Non-Monogamy.
How To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and a resume or CV to Jennifer@AffirmingTherapyCenter.com.
Please include answers to the following questions:
- What most piqued your interest about this position and what do you hope to gain from it?
- Do you have experience working with gender, sexuality, and/or relationship diversity? If so, please describe your work, including length of experience, primary modality, and what you find most fulfilling about this work.
- What does sex-positivity mean to you?
- Are you a Kink-Knowledgeable and/or Poly-Knowledgeable professional? If so, please explain additional education, readings, trainings, professional experiences regarding Kink and/or Non-Monogamy.
- What types of clients are you most comfortable with? Least comfortable with?
- What are you most excited to contribute to Affirming Therapy Center by joining the team?
- What are your future plans in the next 2-5 years?
- What are your available / preferred days and times to work for this part-time position?